Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Man. As much as I’m looking forward to this phone, WHY did Apple not match the camera square color to the rest of the back. I’m struggling with the contrast of the frosted back to the clear-gloss square.

Reactions: na1577

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks for sharing!! The phone looks GREAT!!

Also, I’m really excited for the 18w USB C Charger. I use my 12w iPad charger for my phone and it’s nicely fast, but I’m also happy it comes with a usb-c to lighting cable.

Reactions: Wackery

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Man. As much as I’m looking forward to this phone, WHY did Apple not match the camera square color to the rest of the back. I’m struggling with the contrast of the frosted back to the clear-gloss square.

It is. It's just slightly thicker and will therefore look deeper.

It will also refract light differently.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Since most people use a case all you will see is the camera. The color and finish of the back will never be seen anyway.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Talk about a fingerprint MAGNET! I mean, jeez. They could've at least matched the frosting (that sounded weird), if not making the whole thing black. Or hell, WHITE on the white phone would've been far better than the literal MIRROR finish I'm seeing in these pics.

Then again, I'm not in the habit of looking at the back of my phone when I'm using it, so I don't really care that much. It's heinous, but I'll never see it.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
It looks the same as the supposed leaks from weeks ago.

I wonder if it's just a fake. There are several fakes floating around from Asia.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
It is. It's just slightly thicker and will therefore look deeper.

It will also refract light differently.

I don't think that's correct. Frosting is done on top of the glass, not under it so thickness won't matter. And if it did, it would be shame on Apple for half-assing it to not get it right to match.

Haven't seen a single pic where it isn't glossy looking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.