Uncasing Macbook pro bottom warrenty is void or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tvt5043, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Tvt5043 macrumors member

Yesterday I opened up my Macbook pro I got earlier this year in Sept. Due to a car crash my Macbook flew out the window crashing into the floor at an angle where it beat up a whole side tip of my Macbook ( lucky for me it didn't land any other way), which ruined the top, middle, and bottom casing. I then ordered a replacment first for my bottom casing. I then switch everything to the other case and put the whole thing back together not knowing it will void my warranty till I had a talk with a friend earlier.

So my question is that is the warrenty actually void considering that nothing in the machine was replaced or damaged (works as it should) and if it is am I able to have it taken back to Apple and have them take a look at my whole machine even if it means paying for it to get my warranty back?

I called a rep earlier and was told the warranty was void but from reading some of the post it may varies so any answer/post will be useful.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Neither the Apple Limited Warranty nor the AppleCare Protection Plan covers physical damage.

3. Tvt5043 thread starter macrumors member

I know they will not cover the physical damage but if later on something goes wrong on the inside of my Macbook they will cover it? warranty will still be in affect?