Uncentered Screen Display of New MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacsOnAnabolics, Sep 30, 2009.

1. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Hey there,

I recently purchased a new 15" MacBook Pro and I have been loving every moment with this incredible machine. Until recently, I have noticed that the display isn't completely centered on my screen. For some reason I am just barely noticing this unevenness. The left side of the screen has a ~2.5mm space between the display and the black border of the glossy screen, whereas, the right side has a ~1.00mm space.
    This is concerning me because if the computer came this way directly out-of-box wouldn't I have noticed it before? Maybe this is a change from when I initially got the machine? Maybe it is a change?

So my real question is, is this a normal effect? Should the display and screen be completely centered?

If anyone can help shed some light onto this issue I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys...

2. MacsOnAnabolics thread starter macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

I think this might a be a negligible problem or not common at all.... Hopefully someone can help me out.

Should I return my machine?

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I would say take it the genius bar and see what they say, purely because it can be annoying to see that all the time and one could argue is poor QC on Apple's part.