Uncharted 2 Online Demo!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Sep 29, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

It's up! I'm surprised they actually added it on a Tuesday, and didn't wait until Thursday :p. Well, I'm going to try it out right now.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

If its like the beta, it was fun but dunno if it will work into the rotation.

98 on metacritic so far after 20 reviews. 90 was the lowest as of yet. Yowzah.

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's #6 on the top 10 rated metacritic games ever. I wonder if it will stay there.

And it looks like the demo is the same as the beta. I love playing with the screenshot tool! Check it out:

[​IMG]

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Arrgh, I want to play this...I need to get a PS3 in my office! :rolleyes:

I'll download it after work. Is it in the EU store as well or just US store?

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well I knew the game would be great from the first beta and thats confirmation enough for me to buy it so I'm going to skip the demo and just wait for the full meal.

Bless

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yeah I'll skip the demo. Never too bothered about online demo's anyway. Lets face it after Unchartered 2 was pretty much always a must buy anyway.

7. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I got into the second BETA and IMO it's quite boring. You need like 3 magazines to kill one and it just brings nothing new to market. Because of the hedging system it's ideal for campers but I hate it. Also it's 3rd person so it'll cause camera problems and it helps campers A LOT because they can look around without being seen. Moreover there's nothing to achieve, those effects are useless and don't even effect really and it takes time to learn to play it (my first games were like 2 kills and 20 deaths). It can easily been seen that it's single player game more than multi, though the co-op is fun.

9. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I thought it was pretty fun...but ultimately, it really just made me want to play the single player Among Thieves!

10. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Is the demo just multiplayer? Or does it start you along the story for a chapter or two?

11. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

the demo is the same thing that the beta was way back in june... multiplayer with a few different modes.

no single player.

12. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Huh. Well, I guess I'll just wait for the game to be released.

I peeked at the trophy list for U2:AT - it looks like there are very few new weapons and most of the trophies mimic the original achievements from the first game. It seems like it's a new story with better graphics but not principally different...