Uncharted 2 Online

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Apr 27, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Today was the day with all the Uncharted 2 information, and the official reveal of the already leaked inFamous deal. It'll have 2-3 player co-op and online versus modes. The co-op missions are not the 1player ones, but something different. Looks like the climbing aspect of Uncharted is also online. Sounds Gear-ish, but the online also has perks. Lots of cool stuff, so here are some links.

Trailer

Deathmatch + Plunder modes

Co-op

I don't know, this is really starting to seem like Sony's Gears of War. But there are still enough things to make the games totally different.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Looks cool. I'm still worried they are getting into too much (like Resistance) If the single player is hurt at all, I will be pissed.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Versus? In what's primarily an exploration based game? Oh dear. I can see the point in co-op and that's something I've had in my game since day 1, don't think I'll ever bother with versus though. I don't want a Gears of War exploration hybrid game that just sounds way too different from the original. Hmm.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So basically its looking like the 25% adventure 75% gunplay which for me severly tempered my enjoyment of the orginal is set to become more gunplay and less adventure, albeit now with multiplayer co-op.

:( I guess it will be pretty at least..... even if the gunplay is repetitively monotinous....

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just as I expected, Platforming mixed with gunning & treasure hunting...sounds good so we'll see how this pan out.

ND has two teams working on the different section so the quality shouldn't take a hit also I'm happy they arent pulling a RE5 and forcing coop play in the single player.

Bless

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Some new single player stuff up:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174246

Looks awesome! The stealthy kinda stuff looks cool. A shield is a little eh now-a-days, everyone seems to add that in and they are never worth using. I like that you can zoom in a bit with the machine gun.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yeah just about to post about this. My gosh that looks so awesome, and some really cool stuff going on there. Everything looks amazing on a technical level and on gameplay front too. Still looks too much shooting to platforming ratio for me, but when it looks that polished I'll tolerate it :D

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I agree with the second poster - I thought the game was an amazing single player adventure. If they can tag on some multiplayer without degrading single player, then great. But i'd much rather have no multiplayer and have more work put into single...

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

it looks like they got rid of the wicked screen tearing from the first game. The single player vid looks silky smooth.

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Man good call! i forgot about how bad the tearing was.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

+1..I was looking at that and its a needed addition. I'm really liking the stealth take downs and being able to pull someone down when hanging off the ledge.

The game is looking great and I'm actually excited about the multiplayer. I've got my beta code now I'll wait patiently.

Bless