Uncharted 3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JayMysterio, Oct 1, 2011.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would if I lived in the US. Unfortunately there is no similar deal like Sony and Naughty Dog have with Subway in the US over here.

3. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Same as Mr C, i have it pre ordered, I hear PS+ subs in EU get to start playing next week, but I don't think thats enough to get me to subscribe to it. Hopefully it is playable for everyone else soon!

4. bowzer, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't see the problem with the Subway and Uncharted 3 promotion. You spend money at Subway one time and you get a code to redeem towards the early multiplayer access. So what ? Besides Subway is good and I eat there from time to time.

I agree the COD Modern Warfare 3 and Doritos/Pepsi promotion isn't good as you have to keep buying the products to continue to get the double XP as it's timed and limited.

6. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Maybe its just that promo video for it that bugs me... it reeks of being a corporate shill.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Plyaed the beta it's awesome, but I'm back with CoD :D

8. The Cat Empire macrumors member

I'll play UC3 with you. My PSN name is "JUST-A-SPAZ"

9. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So I finally got it for christmas and played the first few hours of the single player campaign. While it's really pretty good, I'm not getting the same "wow" feeling I got from part 2.

My biggest (and probably most silly) gripe: the treasures! They are way too damn easy to find! Before I know it, they dump a dozen treasures in my lap, none of which was any challenge to find. I also liked the ambiguous "blinking" better than the actual treasures being displayed in the gameplay environment.

The story itself is good, interesting new characters and all. The gameplay as "young" Nate left me underwhelmed...controlled too clumsy. Which makes sense in the context and all, but it was just less fun for me to play.

In the "Chateau" now, we'll see where it goes from here.

Again, fantastic game, but at this point I don't see at all how it is better than part 2. :)

10. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Well, I finally finished the single player campaign.

It was a good game with great moments, but as a whole I thought it was weaker than the previous installments. It just didn't seem to flow as well, and some elements like "fight and puzzle your way through the catacombs and find the desired object, then turn around and have it taken away from you by the baddies" became a little too predictable. Also the fact that EVERY setpiece is being burned/destroyed/blown up/sinking etc. when you leave it...

Also, at times it felt like just a collection of awesome set pieces loosely held together by the plot...really, what was the point of the cruise ship part, apart from wowing is with an escape from a sinking cruise ship? "Uhh..., I think Sully is on there...no wait, he is not, uh, but here's a sinking cruise ship, look at that!" :rolleyes: The part was awesome mind you, but I think action and story were better integrated in the first two games.

Naughty Dog need to be careful and not be too "routine" with their next installments. I love the characters and following their stories/relationships, but at some point repetition could become a problem.

On a technical standpoint, the game is nearly flawless, of course. Graphics, story, voice-acting, gameplay...immaculate!

11. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Uncharted is absolutely brilliant. I have loved all 3 and Drakes Deception had fantastic action but was quite focussed on character development. Don't forget Naughty Dog have a habit of dumping game series to move on to something else when a new gen of consoles comes. But I would be genuinly upset if they walk away from Uncharted. Fair enough if the story of the 3rd was not for you, but I think it was needed to deepen our understanding of drake.
    For example subtle references told us that drake and elana got married and more obviously that drake may be a bit deluded about his heritage. Our hero aint that perfect afterall!
    To me thisindicates that ND want to stick with Drake. Great news!!!