Unchecked Apps Occasionally Getting Synced To My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SkidMike, Jul 19, 2012.

1. SkidMike macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've got an issue that's a bit on an annoyance from time to time.

I have my iPhone set so that only checked apps are synced onto it but occasional (about once or twice a month) I'll find that a particular bunch of about 15 apps that are unchecked are loaded on to my phone some how.

It's always the same set of apps that get synced on and there's no apparent connection between any of them aside from them probably being initially installed or originally deleted off the phone at the same time. This has been going on for about a year so I can't remember which.

Has anyone ever encountered this? I can't find any occurrences on Google.

I have an unjailbroken 32GB iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 and iTunes 10.6.3 (it's been occurring before these versions).

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I was gonna say if this was probably a glitch with that iOS 5 feature "Automatically download new apps on this device", but likely you have been having this problem since 4.x.

If you don't sync the apps with any other device (and if you do, then try a file explorer -that works for unjailbroken devices- to copy the documents folder on each app), then I'd try deleting them with iTunes, then re-downloading.