Unclaimed, unopened iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trotbox, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Trotbox macrumors newbie

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, a package was sent to my work addressed to the company I work for. No specific name was listed on the shipping label. I work with the mailroom, so I see all kinds of packages come in. In these situations, we open the packages to determine who it belongs to. When I cracked it open, I saw that it was an iphone 4S, and on the accompanying packing slip, no name was listed. However, there was a phone number on the packing slip. I've left 4 or 5 voicemail messages with the rightful owner but to no avail. And unfortunately, the voicemail has not been set up with a personalized greeting. I've contacted Fed Ex (who delivered the package) and Verizon (who shipped the package). Each was unable to give me a name associated with the phone. In most instances, someone would come forward within a day or two wondering where their missing package was (particularly with something like a brand new phone).

How can I track down the owner? Or is this an early Christmas gift?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should contact verizon.
    If the phone is reported lost or stolen you will not be able to activate it with another verizon line anyway.