Uncommon Problem; phone deactivated, but I have access to main screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by disconinja2008, Feb 18, 2013.

1. disconinja2008 macrumors newbie

I downloaded an update for PDANet that was available on Cydia today and it deactivated my phone. I somehow managed to get back to the main screen, but my phone is still deactivated. Deleting PDANet is the obvious move, but I cannot open Cydia (because I'm deactivated) and I haven't redownloaded CyDelete yet (because it doesn't work on iOS 6). How can I get rid of PDANet?

I should also mention that the only way for to get back to the main screen involves SBSettings. If I reboot my iPhone to a state where SBSettings cannot be used, I'm stuck on the activation screens.

2. tcc macrumors newbie

This happened to me too today......... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was able to do the same thing with sbsettings.

I tried to SHSH into my phone and delete pdanet but it wouldn't connect.
    I've tried to just restore my phone while the phone is on and iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone.

Ive tried to put phone into dfu mode and restore it. Itunes sees the phone in dfu mode and asks me to restore. I restore and it gets stuck and error happens saying Iphone cannot be restored at this time because iphone software update server" could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable."

I have also tried to re jailbreak with evasion and it says "error detecting device error 12"

To give a little more background of whats happening.

When phone turns on it try's to activate the iphone again and just goes in circles until saying that it cannot activate the iphone.

I have done everything possible so far besides letting the battery die and maybe refreshing the cache.

I also saw this a little too late that says installing pdanet will deactivate your iphone. So somebody knows that this has happened does anybody have a fix for this?