Uncommon rMBP useage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by n0id, Jan 12, 2013.

1. n0id macrumors member

Does anyone here use a rMBP that isnt a photographer, video editor, programmer, etc...

basically, does anyone use one that isnt part of the normal useage demographic for the laptop? :)

I'm neither of those above, but would like to keep the one i have. Unfortunately, i'm having a hard time finding uses for it that are diff/better than my current desktop :(

2. leman macrumors 604

Delfine a 'normal' usage demographics? Personally, I use the rMBP to cut cheese on.

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

i use it to surf, shop, listen, watch oh and some studying too ^^

4. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Well, I guess you have what we might call a dilemma. :D

5. Mdwall macrumors member

Pretty much the same here. Of course all my study is non school related but still.

6. DayVe3000 macrumors member

I have a 13-inch Retina - I do none of those jobs for a living.

If you want one - buy one!

7. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Why would you think those are the demographics for buying a laptop? I do none of those things but wanted a computer--not a tablet--that was portable.

8. n0id thread starter macrumors member

Well, i didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess the overall impression i get is that mac users are typically visual/audio users, whether it be music, video, or picture related.

My point is, you can do social/surf on any machine....is there a reason outside of the above impression that someone would consider and use a rMBP. :)

9. 1member1 macrumors 6502

I have quadcore PC with good specs but I wanted to switch to mac and I can do the same things on both of the computers but i will never enjoy it like on my mac.

You can always resale

10. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

No offense taken--I just don't think you have the right demographics. I'm sure the rMBP is valued by those who use it for those reasons but it is also valued by those of us who just wanted the retina screen--along with the other features built into this machine--and it is lighter and slightly slimmer than the cMBP. It was the only laptop I considered and I love it even though I don't use it for anything you mentioned. :)

11. Ploki macrumors 68000

Nobody needs a retina.
    Professional designers need color accuracy that rMBP doesn't deliver, professional video editors need screen real-estate and external peripherals that rMBP again doesn't deliver, although useful to double check, I don't know any designer or video editor that would work exclusively on a laptop screen.

If you can afford it, you have it, if not, you don't, demographics can kiss it