Undecided: Preorder 2 watches, try on tomorrow, cancel 1 pre-order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DerekZoolander, Apr 9, 2015.

  1. DerekZoolander, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

    DerekZoolander macrumors newbie

    DerekZoolander

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2015
    #1
    Anyone that is undecided between colors, bands, size, etc thinking of preordering 2 watches (if we can) then making an appointment to try the watches on tomorrow so you can decide and cancel one of the preorders?

    I can't decide between the black aluminum with black sports band or the silver aluminum with white sports band. Need to see them in person to decide but don't want to risk missing out on preorder! Will this process work?

    Edit: To clarify, I'm defintely buying the watch. Just undecided on the case color of black aluminium or silver aluminum.
     
  2. Sodner macrumors 68020

    Sodner

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #2
    Can you please just pick one so as not to screw the rest of us that know which one we want?
     
  3. leeingham macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2015
    Location:
    Birmingham, UK
    #3
    Im ordering both sizes in the black sport and then cancel the one I dont want after I've been in to see them first thing tomorrow morning
     
  4. bnekic macrumors 6502a

    bnekic

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2013
    Location:
    Cleveland, OH
    #4
    Undecided: Preorder 2 watches, try on tomorrow, cancel 1 pre-order?

    I was gonna pre-order two watches to see which one fits better but I realized that's selfish. I don't want to make someone else lose out on a pre-order because of my dumbass. So I'll be ordering one 42mm silver sport with white band and ordering a seperate black band.
     
  5. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

    nwlondonlad

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Location:
    UK London
    #5
    Yep I'm in this camp

    Pre order SS with black sport band and
    pre order Sport with black band then try both at Apple store and cancel one

    Would have helped if Apple had the try on appointments live before the pre orders went live
     
  6. DerekZoolander thread starter macrumors newbie

    DerekZoolander

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2015
    #6
    Sounds like a couple people have the same line of thinking too. I get those that are saying don't screw up preorders for everyone else but I think in my case that's not valid. At 12:01am I plan on preordering the 2 watches I'm debating over and immediately scheduling a try on appointment at the earliest spot I can get. Once I try them on tomorrow I'll cancel the preorder I don't want. I won't be hanging on to the preorder all the way up to the 24th saving a spot that someone else could have had. Instead my 2nd preorder will be available for someone else to get mid-day tomorrow.

    Like another person said it would have been better if they held the try on sessions before preorders opened up. Unfortunately this is the only solution I can think of for those that definitely want the watch, willing to preorder at 12:01am but want to try on to make the final style decision.
     
  7. Sodner macrumors 68020

    Sodner

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #7
    Amen. If you have $350+ to spend on a watch hopefully your capable of making a simple decision as to which one you want.
     
  8. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2015
    #8
    Yeah, I'm gonna try for SS w/ white or black band (love both, doesn't matter) and Sport w/ blue or white band. Basically need to see if the extra weight is a problem and how everything looks with the naked eye.
     
  9. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

    sahilpatel12

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2011
    Location:
    Merica
    #9
    nah doing same thing :mad::D

    ----------

    lol dont listen to those beans that they dont do it , im doing the same thing you have extra funds to support the second one then i say do it since if you order grey and try it tommorrow and say what the heck i shoulda bought the silver and you try to book it and say what ... your on the next two weeks or worst next month shipping boat .


    better to be safe then sorry , just like packing extra mag instead of being selfish and worrying about how to conceal the extra mag.
     

Share This Page