Undeleting large files

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pulpadded, Aug 24, 2012.

1. pulpadded macrumors newbie

I emptied a bunch of stuff from an external I do a lot of work on that was fairly full. A few important files got deleted as well, large video files.

I used the demo for MacKeeper and it never found any files larger than 125mb, and these files were probably gbs large. I tried filesalvage, but the files get a few frames of the footage and then noise, snow, etc.

I stopped using the drive after the files were deleted, but I'm trying to find a way to access these large files.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

when you plug in the external drive they should be in the trash

3. simsaladimbamba

How did you delete them? Did you put them into the Trash and then emptied that Trash (maybe even securely)?

To retrieve files, that have been deleted and also been emptied from the Trash or are on unrecognisable partitions or HDDs, you can use

• Data Rescue 3 - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • FileSalvage - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • DiskDrill - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (79 USD)
    • Nice To Recover - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (69.95 USD)

And uninstall* MacKeeper, it is just not a good software. Do a forum search via Advanced Search or MRoogle to find threads about the "use" if MacKeeper:
    [​IMG]