Under contract with android phone, how to move to iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by archer75, Oct 2, 2011.

1. archer75 macrumors 65816

So currently I have an android phone and I am under contract with AT&T. I'm looking to sell that phone and get a new iphone. Being under contract i'll have to pay full price for the iphone which is fine. But because the iphone uses a micro sim card and I don't have one how do I go about getting a iphone and transferring my number/account to it with out messing up my contract?

2. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Just go to an AT&T office and get the microsim.

3. archer75 thread starter macrumors 65816

They have no issue handing out new ones? How do they get my account info and whatever is on a sim from my current one to the new one? Do they charge for a new sim card?

I just got my first smartphone not too long ago after many years of not having a cell so this stuff is all new to me.

4. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

AT&T has no issue at all replacing a sim. I doubt they charge for the new sim, but cannot state that for sure.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

First wait until at least 2 PM ET on Tuesday to see what is announced by Apple!

You have a couple of options switching to the iPhone. First you should make a call to the automated AT&T system: dial *New# and you will receive a free SMS Txt message from AT&T with your current upgrade pricing options, you might not have to pay full price.

If you purchase a new iPhone from Apple, AT&T, BestBuy or any other retailer that sells the iPhone. You currently have the option to purchase an iPhone that is locked to AT&T and it will provide you with a new Micro-SIM. The activation process will deactivate your current Mini-SIM and activate your new Micro-SIM. Currently you also have the option to purchase an unlocked iPhone for $50 more than the full Carrier locked price. Note: this might not be an option at launch for the new iPhone but something to consider.

Dave

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I switch ALL the time. All they ask is for an I.D.

7. archer75 thread starter macrumors 65816

No upgrade pricing for me. I haven't even had my current phone for two months!
    But I might get enough for me current phone to cover full rumored price of the 4s. But we'll see what tuesday brings!