Understanding Apple tracking orders

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fredsarran, Jun 22, 2008.

1. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Hi,

I ordered a iMac 3.06 with 1TB hard drive, 4GB of RAM, Wireless mice and keyboard (so it is a customised order). I am in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.

I ordered on the 18 June and Apple estimate a delivery on the 27 June.

I checked under my Apple account, and it says that my order has been shipped on the 21 June via UPS Ireland. I tried checking UPS with the number on my tracking page, but it does not work.

In the past, when I ordered a Mac, it always came from Asia. So I start to believe that I will get my order before the 27.

Anybody else received there iMac from Ireland ? If yes, how long did it take (if living in UK) ?

Could it be a problem in the system and that it actually comes from Asia ?

Cheers for answers and comments.

2. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Hi,

UPS UK now says that my iMac is in Tamworth (UK), does that mean it will come today ?

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

If it says "Out for delivery" then yes…

If not, then maybe tomorrow.

You could also just call UPS and ask… ;)

4. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

It is written "In Transit" and I noticed that the estimated delivery date is away (you cannot see it on the web page anymore).

I emailed UPS but not answer yet.

5. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

So first of all, UPS email customer support is crap (they never replied). Secondly, I phoned them and the guy told me that my Mac is in the depot at Dundee, Scotland (2 hours away from where I live) and that the delivery is scheduled for Monday coming (it actually confirms what I have read on my UPS account). Thirdly, I checked Apple Online and it says "Out for Delivery" with today date.

So, what shall I believe ? In the past, it has been TNT and they always delivered a day earlier (and I appreciate that). If UPS got my item in depot at Dundee, surely they can deliver today. The most recent status is "In Transit".

6. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

My iMac arrived today around 2pm, via UPS. So Apple was right and UPS wrong.