Understanding Exposure: Kindle Edition?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mac In School, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I see that the bible, Understanding Exposure, is now available on the Kindle. Has anyone used it on the Kindle iPad app? How is the presentation? There are a lot of photos in the book. Are they there, and in color?

Thanks.

2. ThemacNub macrumors regular

The photos in the book are really helpful to understand what he is talking about, I'm not sure what the black and white kindle version would be like. I would recommend getting the actual book though its great

3. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I don't have his Understand Exposure, but I do have his Understand Photography Field Guide that I am currently reading in the Kindle App on my iPhone. I think it works great and the full color photos really help. I couldn't imagine using it on a regular kindle in black and white though, especially since some of this book deals with colors.

I only got the one I did because when I searched in mid December, it showed that it was getting a kindle version in about a week, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it. The Understanding Exposure didn't mention an upcoming Kindle Version. I just now realized that they added that one as well at the same time. Oh well, I find the book very interesting and have learned quite a bit from it so far.

On a side note, the bible according to Lighting, AKA Light: Science and Magic is also available in the Kindle Store. Also with full color photos. I just have the sample version of this one so far until I finish Understanding Photography.

4. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

I ended up buying it. Looks great on the iPad. I didn't realize Kindle app books were available in color.