understanding ipod 2 new touchscreen technology

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Acorn, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Acorn, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

well i have seen the apple patent for the new touchscreen technology and read a few short articles on it but if i understand it correctly it still wont have pressure sensitivity. it will however allow for both proper pen input *tiny nib* and finger input. Basically more precise for smaller nibs. would that be a correct assumption.

I dont fully understand how pressure sensitivity works so its hard for me to tell givin the information provided by the patent docs if it will enable it.

i cant tell you how exciting it would be for me for ipad to have pressure sensitivity. it would corner the cintiq market and adopt an entire community.

2. knucklehead macrumors 6502a

Do you have a link? It would be interesting to see.
    This would be one of the sort of developments that would help the iPad on the productivity side.

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

Pen input is about as likely as a 7" ipad. SJ hates stylus input, he said so in one of his rants in the past.

4. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

He hates it as an input method for user interfaces. I doubt he hates its use in artistic contexts.

5. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Not saying it won;t happen, but just because Apple has a patent on somethign does not mean it will ever get used or used on the next iteration of a specific product.

That being said, my wife would love it if they could come up with a way to make it work with her fingernails.

6. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

Wow, an iPad with wacom style stylus accuracy would be awesome.

I regularly use some of the drawing based creation apps when on the go. Having a more accurate input method for those apps would be amazing.