Understanding iTunes' Playlist changing look?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Julien, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It seems that iTunes is gradually changing the 'look' of all my Playlists to the new minimalist look. Strange that it seems to be happing piecemeal. Over ½ have been converted already. I don't see how to right click on this 'new look' to display the fields I want to see. How do you display what you want to see?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Just had a look. There are no options, it's dynamic and changes as you resize the window. You can change it back to Songs though.

Attached Files:

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Not asking about sort order. I want to know how to see things like Last Played Date, Star Rating, Play Count or....? How do I choose and see these?

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm not talking about sorting either.

You cannot choose to show those things. If you resize your iTunes window, you will see the album name move to under the song title. That's what I mean by dynamic. It just shows the info based on the app's size on the screen.

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

So you can't see the info you want? You can choose to Sort buy Last Played, Genre, Size or... but you can't see any of this info?

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

On mine, my choices are Manual Order, Name, Genre, Year, Artist, Album, Time, and then Ascending/Descending.

No, you cannot see any additional info.

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I get a lot more Sort options. However I don't understand how you are supposed to make a Sort selection decision when you can't see the criteria to know if it's relevant it what you want.

[​IMG]