Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Understanding iTunes' Playlist changing look?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It seems that iTunes is gradually changing the 'look' of all my Playlists to the new minimalist look. Strange that it seems to be happing piecemeal. Over ½ have been converted already. I don't see how to right click on this 'new look' to display the fields I want to see. How do you display what you want to see?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Just had a look. There are no options, it's dynamic and changes as you resize the window. You can change it back to Songs though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 6.55.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 6.55.26 AM.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 71
Comment

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just had a look. There are no options, it's dynamic and changes as you resize the window. You can change it back to Songs though.
Not asking about sort order. I want to know how to see things like Last Played Date, Star Rating, Play Count or....? How do I choose and see these?

Comment

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Not asking about sort order. I want to know how to see things like Last Played Date, Star Rating, Play Count or....? How do I choose and see these?

I'm not talking about sorting either.

You cannot choose to show those things. If you resize your iTunes window, you will see the album name move to under the song title. That's what I mean by dynamic. It just shows the info based on the app's size on the screen.

Comment

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I'm not talking about sorting either.

You cannot choose to show those things. If you resize your iTunes window, you will see the album name move to under the song title. That's what I mean by dynamic. It just shows the info based on the app's size on the screen.
So you can't see the info you want? You can choose to Sort buy Last Played, Genre, Size or... but you can't see any of this info?

Comment

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
On mine, my choices are Manual Order, Name, Genre, Year, Artist, Album, Time, and then Ascending/Descending.

No, you cannot see any additional info.
I get a lot more Sort options. However I don't understand how you are supposed to make a Sort selection decision when you can't see the criteria to know if it's relevant it what you want.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.