Underutilized unlimited data on ATT iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radiologyman, Nov 7, 2015.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502

I got two unlimited data lines on iPhones 6 and 6s with my ATT plan, each month using 2-3 gb only. My home internet is however limited with every month we are going over the limit, mostly because of movie streaming. Is there a way to stream movies from Amazon video/netflix/youtube to Apple TV/etc using LTE on Iphone? I can connect my iPhone via video cable to TV but thats too cumbersome

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Well u can't tether on unlimited or they will take it away.

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

C'mon man, you already know the obvious answer to the question... no :rolleyes:

People using their cellular data plans as their home internet is the whole reason why we can't have nice things in the first place. Buy physical media if you're streaming too much and going over your monthly data cap set by your ISP.

P.S. if you're on 9.0.2 you can jailbreak and install tetherme to try it, but will promptly be caught and get a text from AT&T saying if you do it again they will kick you off unlimited data onto one of their tiered plans where you will pay a lot more.

4. radiologyman thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I can download Amazon prime videos while on lte then later connect to wifi and AirPlay them