Underwhelmed with 'mightymouse'

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tumbleweed666, May 28, 2009.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

just moved to Mac and the only negative experience is the laughingly called 'mighty'mouse. Presumably 'crapmouse' is trademarked by some other company?

Two well documented problems,
    1) The right click function randomly stops working,
    2) the mouse itself randomly stops working

Come on Apple, for goodness sake, sort it out !

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The scroll ball sucks, the side buttons are practically useless, it tracks like a dog with a head cold. Its a POS.

3. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I think the mighty mouse is alright. The scroll ball and the squeeze side buttons pee me off some times.

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Hahaha

They are made to be paper weights and topics of conversions. They are best used by not using them.

I'm a Logitech user VX Nano. It's been a great mouse.

5. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

^^
    Precisely. They obviously arent designed to be ergonomic. The scroll ball shows that its not meant to be technologically advanced. All the right-click issues show its not meant to be high-quality.

Its just a mouse that looks nice next to an iMac. Other than that its pretty much useless.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Aah, I use one with my MacBook, I haven't had these problems.

Granted, I wouldn't use it for gaming and such, but it gets the job done for me.

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You're complaint is nothing new, go buy a Logitech like the rest of us (or MS LaserMouse).

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why not spend $20 on a better mouse made by someone else?

9. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Or spend less for a better mouse. I found a MX518 on ebay for $28 and have never been happier. Cant beat it for the price and it has tons more functionality than the MM, its just not quite as pretty.

10. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I'll probably go back to the (oh the irony) wired msmouse I retained from my PC.

I was foolish enough as a new user to think that an apple mouse with an apple computer would give me a pain free experience. What logitech mose would you recommend? Are you saying that they don't lose connection? And the right click, err ... right clicks?

11. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If you are using a wireless mouse then I recommend getting one that doesn't use Bluetooth as these seem to get more dropped connections and require restarting more than others that use a USB dongle and proprietary wireless.

12. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Well, in the Apple world the Mouse situation has been a laborious and painful progression. Just imagine if you received a One-button mouse with no scroll wheel with your brand new Mac. 4 years ago you would have!

Anyway, I was going to pick up the Logitech MX518 on a friend's recommendation. You know it doesn't really matter what mouse you use, they all (99%) work as advertised with Macs. I've never used a BT mouse, at the moment I use a USB wireless MS LaserMouse which does the trick.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Go do yourself a favor and get yourself a real mouse. I tried the MM for a day and it went back the following day. The right-clicking is a joke and the bluetooth disconnecting is just not acceptable.

14. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Its alright to vouch for the performance of a mouse, but using ebay as a base for how much you paid is dumb. Its an auction site, after all.

15. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Agreed, the Mighty Mouse sucks. Just search the forums and you'll find many threads attesting to the suckiness of the Mighty Mouse.

I'm a big fan of the Logitech VX Revolution myself. The perfect size, the perfect amount of buttons (not too many, not too few), great feel.

Best mouse since the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical :D

16. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Hmm. They are about my only problems with the Might Mouse. Hope that Apple will update the Mighty Mouse this year. :cool:

17. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Just got MM so far so good :rolleyes:

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I personally have no problems with my Mighty Mouse
    Others seem to

The bottom line is... if it works for you, great
    If it doesn't... find something that does

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

19. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Love MM. Been using it since it came out. Have 2 of them. Excellent tool when using Adobe CS stuff. I've even gamed with it w/o any problems.

As for right click, you have to learn how to use it properly.

20. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I tried to like the Mighty Mouse, but it never returned my love...

21. holidaypf macrumors member

I recently busted my mighty mouse by taking it apart and trying to clean the scroll button. I was bummed but at least remembered I had a cheapo Best Buy mouse in the drawer I bought for something else a year earlier. I plugged it in and realized I should have done that about 3 years ago. :) Wow, I could scroll with my mouse just like all those pc people had been doing for years. A sound mouse design still seems to elude Mac engineers. :D:D

22. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

You could always go buy a Razer Mamba, which is a GREAT mouse! :D

23. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

I would normally agree but it wasnt an auction, it was in one of the stores and he had several in stock at that price. I almost bought two.

24. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The mighty mouse is an attractive mouse, but easily the worst functioning mouse in its price range.

25. sayre macrumors member

the mighty mouse is like the headphones to the ipod, they are functional, but surely not the best out there. As others have mentioned, I've taken advice from this forum and got the logitech mx revolution, wow does it have a lot of features and handles amazingly well.