undiable a Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by prop7459, Mar 16, 2008.

1. prop7459 macrumors newbie

Currently I have a disable iphone that I took the risk of purchasing knowing it was disable. I am getting a the disable screen saying the "iphone is diable try again in x minutes". Is their any possible to restore this iphone without itunes since I am getting an error message from itunes saying the phone is lock. I have tried ziphone and iplus2.0b and had no sucess restoring the phone for its disable mode. What software is out their I can use to undisable the phone so I can unlock the phone to use on T mobile network? Thanks in advance Mike

2. jeffmc macrumors 6502

if you put the phone in DFU mode (hold down the home and unlock button at the same time, wait for the phone to reboot and keep holding until you get a yell triangle with an exclaimation point) you should be able to then plug it in and force a restore

itunes will come up and say "an iPhone in recovery mode has been plugged into the computer, you must restore the phone before it can be used"

update it/restore it to 1.1.4 and you SHOULD be able to jailbreak/unlock with iPlus, ziphone, ijailbreak, whatever

3. prop7459 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can not hit the home button since the phone is disable. Is their any software I can sync (I am using a PC) the iphone and do a full restore it without itunes. Also I do not have a sim card for this unit or contract for this unit. Or can I put my buddies sim car who has AT&T and work from their to disable?

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

yes you can, hold them down down for 5 seconds, it'll reboot. keep holding it during/after the reboot.

you don't need to go to the home screen, but holding both buttons will still work

5. prop7459 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks jeff I got it to work. I unlock the iphone and using T-mobile:D