Undo early baseband hack

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sparkyup, Jun 24, 2008.

1. sparkyup macrumors newbie

When the iPhone first came out, I applied one of the early hacks to allow me to use it with T-Mobile. Witnessing all the issues with subsequent firmware nuking modded iPhones, I haven't upgraded the software on it since.

As my T-Mo contract is finally up, I'd like to switch to AT&T and get the phone back to a state where I can apply the update software.

Can anyone point me to a good source for direction on undoing the use-any-sim process. Unfortunately, I've switched computers and no longer have the bookmark for the site I used for the original process. It was early enough that it was a very manual process.

I'm fine with keeping the phone Jailbroken (or not... doesn't really matter) - I just want to get it back to where I can move to AT&T and take advantage of the new software revs.

Apologies if this has been covered to death, I wasn't able to find anything pertaining to undoing the sim part.

Thanks in advance!

2. sparkyup thread starter macrumors newbie

To clarify (after I got some coffee in me): I think what I need to do is undo the changes I've made to the baseband portion of the phone's code.

Unfortunately, I did this about a year ago and it's all a little hazy now. :)