undo parallels partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by thsoldier, Aug 15, 2007.

1. thsoldier macrumors newbie

i'd like to know how i undo a partition made by parallels on my macbook, i've been trying stuff for days but cant find a way to undo a partition

ty for your help

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

What do you mean by undo a partition?

Lets clarify here. Parallels is not capable of creating a real partition on your HD. It creates "disk images", actual files on your computer. These can easily be deleted should you choose to do so.

If you created a BootCamp partition, the removal process is as easy as navigating to Applications > Utilities > BootCamp Utility and using the wizard to restore your HD to a single partition.

3. thsoldier thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i delete those then

and when i made a parallels vm file the hd capacity decreased hugely, so i thought it made a partition.
    well thx

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't know where Parallels stores its images (I use VMware), but there should be a Parallels folder of some description in your home directory.

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

By default VMs are stored in You > Documents > Parallels. You should see the name of your VM and be able to drag it to the trash.