Undo Remote Wipe?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Phil96, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Phil96 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Recently my iPad was stolen so I logged on me.com to track it. I was successful in logging on and tracking it and then I wiped it to clear all data. However, now I am unable to track it anymore. Is there any way to undo this, or to continue tracking the iPad? it is still displaying remote wipe pending.

Thank you in advance

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

No lol. You wiped all of the data. Why didn't you call the police?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, that goes against the whole remote wipe type of process. You wiped it, so now the thief has a factory fresh iPad to sell/use

4. Phil96 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks, but is there an option to still track the iPad?

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Nope.

6. saving107, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

No

And I know its kind of late to Could-haves, but what you should have added a Passcode first (that way the person who took the iPad wouldn't be able to log in to your personal data) and then track it, then you could have pin-pointed your iPad to a specific location, then could have notified the police.

I agree with maflynn, you've now giving the thief a Factory new iPad to use or sell.

Wether if you have (had) the WiFi Model or the 3G model, you could have gotten a real good estimate of where to locate your iPad.

[​IMG]

7. Phil96 thread starter macrumors newbie

The wiping proccess has not yet started, meaning that the thief has left the iPad off or has no internet connection. Is it possible to jailbreak the iPad without turning it on? Does this mean he can access data on the iPad? By the way thank you all for the quick replies!