Undoing a quick reply?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mcaswell, Mar 30, 2017.

1. mcaswell macrumors member

I love the quick reply feature for messages, but on occasion I have inadvertently either sent a reply when I meant to just swipe up and hit dismiss, or have simply tapped the wrong quick reply item, in both cases sometimes sending an inappropriate / awkward response. Is there a way to "unsend" a quick reply if you realize immediately that you tapped it by mistake?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Don't think so since your reply is very likely already received before you realize you made a mistake.

3. mcaswell thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I guess I was just hoping it maybe waited a few seconds before actually sending, giving you a chance to hit a button to cancel it. I use Airmail on my iPhone and iPad, and it has an "undo send" feature that, if enabled, delays the sending of an outgoing email by 5-10 seconds or so, so you can hit a button to abort if you suddenly realize you sent it by mistake.

4. bluespark macrumors 65816

Texting is designed to be instant, unlike e-mail which is near-instant. That said, I've wished for the same thing. The Messages app on the Apple Watch is fantastic in most ways, but also a bit dangerous.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm running 3 minutes late received 4 minutes later.:eek::D

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I hit the wrong quick reply constantly. They're just a little too narrow.