Uneducated MacbookPro Owner.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Riverbed19, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Riverbed19 macrumors newbie

I don't know anything about using windows on your mac. I want to, only to play the new Star Wars game on it. But I think it might be over my head. I tried downloading a torrent client, to obtain some programs. But they (Bittorrent, Utorrent, etc.) won't run once I download them. I really don't want to pay $80 to get windows. I don't even know if my computer could run the Star Wars game if I actually DID get windows to run.

MacBook Pro
    Mac OS X Version 10.4.11
    Processor 2.16Ghz Intel Core Duo
    Memory 2GB 667 MHz SDRAM

So, torrent client help? Is running a Windows emulator realistic goal? And If everything worked, could my system even run the game?

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Your MacBook Pro is below the minimum spec for SWTOR.

Assuming your Mac was up to spec then the only viable option for gaming is Boot Camp to dual boot Windows with OS X, which requires that you purchase a Windows license. Boot Camp is no longer possible on OS X 10.4 as it was Beta (test) software. You would require an upgrade to Leopard to use Boot Camp.

3. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I would recommend getting Snow Leopard (max OS for a CD), Leopard is ridiculously overpriced compared to SL.

But on another hand, why is this in the PowerPC section?

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Redundant point. A Leopard license is required to legally install Snow Leopard.

5. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Wipe the hard drive, boot from the disc & you're good to go! I didn't know you need a Leopard license though? Sneaky :p

6. Riverbed19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback... having quite the trouble obtaining leopard. And I don't suppose you guys might know why I can't boot a torrent program? I'm trying Tomato but that has never been reliable. (I double click, or right click and hit "open" to other programs, and nothing happens.)

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You don't need Leopard. And don't pirate software, it's illegal and not allowed to be discussed on MacRumors.

8. Chris230291 macrumors member

Dont discuss piracy... Fair enough and understood. But just dont be tricked into thinking a pirated version wont perform like an original or isn't possible. I understand that some people cant afford to splash out a chunck of cash just for a bunch of 0's and 1's.