Uneven (Height) Dual 24" LED

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MFDoom, Sep 8, 2010.

1. MFDoom macrumors member

So my 2nd LED finally arrived today and when I set it up I immediately noticed it is uneven in height. This seems abnormal. Has this happened to others?

Attached Files:

2. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Mine aren't as bad as yours, but my right display is a little lower. I had to tilt it more forward to make it "appear" the same height.

P.S. How do you have yours both hooked up?

[​IMG]

3. MFDoom thread starter macrumors member

I have one hooked up to my 2010 Mac Pro 2.8 Quad, the other is hooked up to my Macbook while I am waiting on my Monoprice cables. Then of course the other one will go into my Mac Pro. with one of the charging cables topping off my Macbook. I was on the fence about going dual, but I am already loving it. I can spread out my xcode windows and keep some reference materials up!

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

get some of those small, thin circular adhesive felt or rubber feet and put four of them on your "shorter" monitor...hopefully will even them up.

5. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I wouldn't do that. Paying hundreds of dollars for a premium display and messing around with rubber feet to adjust the hight?
    Not worth it.

My advise is to measure the exact hight of the displays on the left and right edges, see which one's off and get a replacement from Apple.

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

To each his own....but I wouldn't go through the hassle of boxing up an otherwise perfect 24" LCD because it is 1/4" shorter than one from a different production run. I doubt Apple would exchange it either since their physical spec. tolerances are probably not that tight.

7. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Is it an actual height difference, or is there an identical slight tilt to one side on both monitors? If both monitors had the same tilt, the side edges would be perfectly parallel, but there would be a height difference at the top and bottom where they meet.

8. MFDoom thread starter macrumors member

I double checked and it is indeed a height difference. While I agree in principle with the other poster that recommended sending them back, I don't think it is worth the hassle...

If only I weren't so observant...:D

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Although this would involve spending more money, you can get a desktop mount and mount both displays up. Then you can height-adjust.

Just a thought. I just got 2 mounts for my displays and I'm pretty happy the way it's turned out.

10. MFDoom thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure I've ever seen one of those. Typically I've used unopened reams of paper. Do you have a link, I'd be interested in checking it out....