Uneven Keyboard Backlighting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mackage, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mackage macrumors 6502

Is this a common issue, and can it be resolved somehow? My keyboard seems to be slightly dimmer on the right side than on the left. It's kind of annoying actually.

2. Jottle macrumors 6502

I had a similar issue. It's not very common, but it is a defect. My "R" key was super bright compared to the other keys. Unfortunately, the only fix is a hardware replacement in which you must take your computer to an apple store or authorized repair center. They'll take the entire thing apart and replace the bottom case/keyboard. It's not a quick fix. If it bothers you, you should have it checked out. But the backlighting should be be even across the entire keyboard.

3. Leslie Tan macrumors member

my 2 weeks old 2011 mbp "7" key is dimmer than the rest but i figure is too much hassle returning or swapping it. so i live with it. for your case, i think u should replace it or get it fix.

no machine is perfect even from apple. mine came with dimmer "7" key and backlight bleeding on bottom right but not obvious compare to my old 2010 model, it was perfect in every way.

it hurts when i pay so much and need to roll a dice in getting a perfect ones.