Uneven MacBook Pro 2016, how much is "good"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Calby, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Should I replace this one also?

1. No, your to OCD - get help!

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes do it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

Hi,
    I have replaced 5 MacBook pro's and I'm starting to get paranoid and this is starting to get ridicules or is it maybe me who has to big expectations or is it me that are to OCD?

Anyway, when I place my MacBook Pro 2016 on the kitchen table it's ok on some places and on some places the right bottom corner are up in the air a little - not much but a little 0,3 - 0,5mm or something like that.
    When I type the MBP don't wobble and the right bottom corner are touching the table I guess, in fact when I have my palm on the MBP when I writing I don't notice it.
    And the other corners are not effected by it as far as I can tell.
    But when I "hold" in the right bottom corner with my fingers I can wobble the corner up and down a little and you can feel that it's not 100% standing on it.

When I have it on my living room table I can get it perfect in some places and in others the right bottom corner are not 100% the same is it on all tables thats why I know that the right bottom corner are not 100%. As it's the same corner on every table just more or less.

So well when I use it I don't bother about it, I can't even feel it. But I know that it's a difference you get the point.

Maybe it 'll straight out with time as it's so little?
    I'm to OCD right?

2. jerryk macrumors 68030

Maybe it us is your tables. Check then with a large level or straight edge.

3. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

Maybe but it do seem strange if all of my tables are causing this and that it's the right bottom corner that are effected all the time.

I did also notice that if I close the lid it's stands perfectly even, but that's maybe because the lid are putting pressure on to the right corner?

Also if I just close it so it's like a "V" then it stands perfect also.

But it's really not that much that the right corner are difference, and I can't feel it when I'm typing on the MBP so I'm guessing that it's not really a issue?
    And as it goes away on different spots on the table.

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

What in the world. You say it's wobbly? Dude just find a straight table and see. If it's wobbly big league change it out if it's a bother.

5. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

Yeh, I'll try it on the tables at school tomorrow if it wobbles on all of my tables more or less and also at the schools tables then it's not streight but I can't afford to bee without it now so I guess that I need to make a appointment later on in the future for repair if its wobble in school also.

I can just put some tape under the Foot that are the issue if it's a issue for now.

6. alFR macrumors 68020

Put it on a known flat surface (a sheet of glass, or a sheet of metal, not a wooden table top) & see if it does it. My bet is that your tables at home aren't 100% flat (our kitchen table certainly isn't!).

7. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

Ok, don't have any of that. But I'll try it out at a table in school all tables can't bee uneven or?

But you have a point as it's more or less uneven it's maybe because of my tables.

8. jerryk macrumors 68030

Get a metal ruler and check. I did that on my kitchen table and was surpised to see it had slight depression in the center.

Also, aren't the little rubber feet on these things detachable. If so, there is no way they come out of the factory perfect.

9. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

I did solve the issue, the screws was not tighten right at the back plate, I did tighten them and the wobble did go away - but and a big but I did manage to strippe one of the screws it litterly fall a part, but it's there and you can unscrew it but then you can't screw it back again after.
    Well let's hope that I don't need to take it in for warranty service because now I don't think they will do it.

10. john.simatos macrumors newbie

Just take it out get a replacement, ifixit sell them for like $3

11. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

For the 2016 model? Do they ship to the EU?

12. john.simatos macrumors newbie

I made a mistake they only sell the screwdrivers. It's a 5 point pentalobe, same size as the MacBook Air. I'm sure a parts supplier in the EU can tell you which size you need exactly. There are a few in Aus that sell screws for MacBooks.

13. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Hmmm... now what happens if you try to balance it on the edge of a straight edge razor blade? Sorry, jk... return it if it really bothers you. I don't believe there is a limit to how many return/exchanges you can do? :)

14. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

15. sweejin macrumors member

16. Obagleyfreer macrumors member

Dude, you have every problem imagineable with your mbp. YES, your are totally OCD, I thought I was bad lol
    Just enjoy your mac and stop worrying about stuff! Nothing in life is perfect, you're going to go crazy if you keep trying to find the perfect macbook pro.

17. Calby thread starter macrumors 6502

Calby

I have fixed it, just needed to adjust the screws on the back.
    Now I'll enjoy my MacBook Pro :)