Uneven new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by f3ynm, Oct 17, 2008.

1. f3ynm macrumors newbie

Hey (this is my second post :D), I just arrived with my new macbook and noticed it sits uneven. Three of the legs sit on the table but the one on the bottom left doesn't. Thus, whenever I rest my palm on the left side it makes noises (as the uneven corner hits the table)! Is this a cause worth of replacement?

Also, is the battery & HD cover supposed to wiggle? I didn't notice this when I was trying the macbooks at the apple store.

Thanks!

PS. This is my first Macbook... I'm loving OSX

2. jUeLz23 macrumors newbie

im jus wondering how much of ur diskspace is already in use?

3. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

If I were you I'd take it back and ask for a replacement. My new MacBook isn't uneven.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

threadjacking = bad

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah because if you have put a lot of stuff in your HD already that maybe why.... data makes HD heavier and the suspension in the MB is not like it used to be..:D.. LOl I'm just kidding, yeah i would take it back and see what they say....I don't think that's normal

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

this may seem obvious, but have you tried it on another surface? is it uneven on the same corner?

7. jUeLz23 macrumors newbie

lmao wow.
    i wsa jus curious becuase when i got mine like 30gb was alerady eaten upp

8. f3ynm thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried it on three different surfaces and the same corner is uneven on all of them.

lol @ juanster about the heavier HD.

Thanks for your replies, I'll head back to the apple store tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

9. c2homme macrumors newbie

I have the same problem too!!1

The bottom left side of my macbook is uneven too.

f3ynm, how did the exchange go?

10. maddie80 macrumors newbie

I was just going to post about this exact same issue! I bought a new macbook today to replace my old Powerbook G4, and it sits uneven - the front left foot is too high, so it clicks annoyingly whenever you rest your left wrist on it. Hate it! Did they exchange for you?

(Not to threadjack, but I couldn't decide whether to return it for another MB, or to return it and try to get my hands on an old black MB - I can't stand form problems like that!)

11. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Mine did when I first started using it last Wednesday. Haven't really noticed it sense then. I have it on a flat surface right (my desk) and it's not doing it.