uneven screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bobtrotter, Oct 23, 2014.

1. bobtrotter macrumors newbie

hey, I have a new macbook air. It seem like the border on the left side of the screen is ever so slightly wider than the border on the right. (this is the black border between the screen and the silver bezel). It's very slight. Anyone else have this? Is it normal?

2. bobtrotter thread starter macrumors newbie

I made a wallpaper with a 1 pixel yellow border, set this as the wallpaper. The yellow line can be seen on the left side of the screen (this is the side where the black border is slightly wider) but it can't be seen on the right side (where the border is thinner). We are talking 1mm here. Is it possible the LCD isn't set straight? Does anyone else have this? (wallpaper attached)

Attached Files:

3. copa macrumors member

copa

mine seems to be the same. never noticed it or had any concerns about it

4. bobtrotter thread starter macrumors newbie

That's good to know then. Feel like I'm kinda being insane noticing it. The image I attached has a 1 pixel border all the way around and you can't the the right hand side's yellow line when set as a wallpaper. I actually made another image with a 2pixel border and the line is visible on the right hand side with this. So I guess it's 1 pixel out on the right hand side :p Again must be insane noticing it. Seems odd though, looking at my 6 year old Samsung screen now and no problems on that and it cost 300 pounds not 900+ :p

5. copa macrumors member

copa

yep, missing that 1px too. nothing to worry about. I'd go out on a limb and say that the MBAs are probably all like this

6. bobtrotter thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, I think all of them will be the same. Surprised there aren't more posts about this.

7. Locoman macrumors newbie

The left boarder on my Air looks smaller then the right side, but then "1 pixel", COME ON.

8. rekhyt macrumors 65816

The right border seems to be thicker than the left one on mine. Lol.