uneven sides/ causing MBP 13" to be shaky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimcicle, Jun 16, 2009.

1. kimcicle macrumors newbie

It's been about 3 days since i bought the new 13" MBP and I have started to notice that bottom of the lap is slightly uneven that is causing little shaky movements when I use the laptop.
    I know it may sound stupid and tedious but I guess I am very sensitive of noticing small stuff like this..

Is anyone else having the same issue as mine?
    Would it be worth taking back to the apple store to get it fixed/ possibly swap it with different computer?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If the laptop wobbles when you type I'd definitely take it back. There is a bit of unevenness in most laptops from Apple but if it wobbles -- that affects performance.

3. qpid macrumors regular

at less than 14 days apple will swap it for any reason

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I second this. I'm on my... 6th? (I lost count) MacBook Pro in the past two months. They keep on swapping them out when I make up problems with the notebooks. They're so stupid.

Just kidding... lol.

5. kimcicle thread starter macrumors newbie

im not making this problem up though,
    it really bugs me, that's why haha

so should i be able to get it swapped with the new one?:eek:

6. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Yes, go get it swapped.

7. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Definitely, yes. This happens sometimes with their aluminum notebooks. It happened much more often with pre-unibody MacBook pros and still happens quite a lot with the MacBook Air, but the unibody models don't have this issue nearly as much.

Be aware that, depending on how warped it is, it might sit perfectly flat on some surfaces and not on others. I mention this because there's nothing more frustrating than having it wobble on all your surfaces at home, only to have it sit perfectly flat at the Genius bar. It's embarrassing, and I know this from personal experience.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I had this. I thought I could tolerate it but it drove me nuts. I'd go back and exchange it. This is something that you should really take in rather than keep it.

9. uv23 macrumors 6502

Mine is dead solid. Manufacturing defect, take it back.

10. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Are you absolutely positive it's not the surface your using your mac on? You made no mention of testing on other surfaces, so I just want to make sure you have? Does it rock side to side only, or front and back also?

11. Paintball613 macrumors member

I had this problem with a MacBook Air one of my relatives purchased.

Just go into the retail counter of the Apple store, not the genius bar. As long as you are in that 14 day return period you should have no problem doing it this way, and you should incur no re-stocking fee. Or at least I didn't!

Best of luck.

12. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'