Uneven Tinted Screen after retina screen replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salvator, Jan 29, 2015.

1. salvator macrumors regular

I have been following macrumors for a while and finally decided to join it :D

Recently I had given my macbook pro retina which is a 13inch for a screen replacement as the screen was completely damage after the screen replacement, my screen is uneven ( i am attaching the pictures comparing the top with the bottom)

Whenever I move the screen it creaks which is weird considering it is a brand new screen, my previous screen creaked too but that was barely once in a blue moon, this one is worse and does it every now and then. What could the reason be, could it be the hinge or some screw?

After having a few discussion with Apple they refused to change my screen saying it is under Apple specifications and they mentioned that there are two manufacturers so there is difference. They told me my current model A020 is fine and such a tint is normal, I don't know what my previous model was but it was definitely even and brighter than this one.

I use this computer for graphic purposes and this tint is killing me!
    Is this under apple specifications and considered normal?
    Any suggestions as to what to do?

(Update: After a few heated arguments they have finally agreed for a one time replacement but they said they cannot guarantee as to what will come and I have to accept whatever it is in my luck. I can't believe apple has such abrupt quality control if again I end up with an uneven screen, the screen will have no utility for me)

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

apple is not amazing at some things, and a lot of people have a lot of problems with their products but thats how it is. I guess get it replaced one more time

3. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I know that these units are mass produced so some pieces are bound to have some problems but Apple is own for it's quality and standard across the globe , that is why customers are ready to pay the premium price. I will go ahead and get it replaced but I am afraid since I am in the profession of graphic designing if I end up with a similar screen it will have no utility for me.

Plus while going back I will have to explain them about the creaking noise, any idea from where it could be coming?