Uneven trackpad 13" cMbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markus843, Nov 15, 2012.

1. markus843 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I have the baseline 13" cMbp (upgraded), but ever since I got it, my trackpad was uneven. I went back to bestbuy after my return period, and started a fuss and actually got a replacement. The track pad was uneven again. I decided to suck it up and just keep it. Now, the trackpad is getting unresponsive, sometimes doesn't click, and the right side is dipped in 1mm more than it was when I got it.

What should I do? Send it in to warranty? Try and repair it myself? I saw some people saying that there's probably just a loose screw under the battery. But removing the battery would void my warranty. One other thing, this is kind of off topic but my hinge at the back moves left and right, and one side of the hinge is sticking out about 1mm. I heard this was normal. Anyways, help/suggestions are appreciated.

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Just take it in for warranty repair if it bugs you. Why you didn't just do this with your first MBP is beyond me.

3. markus843 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just not the type of guy that sends things by mail, I guess. The trackpad on my first mbp didn't annoy me as much, it was fully functioning. I'll be sending my mbp for warranty, and see what happens.

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Applecare service is usually pretty great. When I had to send my MBP in they sent a box with a pre-paid shipping label and everything.

Also, if you'd rather not ship it, why not take it to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized service center?

5. markus843 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't live close to an apple store, just retailers

6. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Apple Authorized service provides can do repairs too. They use the same parts that Apple does and their techs are certified by Apple, just like the geniuses at Apple stores.

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's an easy repair to do yourself - you just have to tighten a screw.

You'll need a a trilobe screwdriver to remove the battery, and a T6 for the trackpad screw. Takes about 2 minutes to do :).