Uneven Trackpad Button

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brendanwilder, Apr 24, 2010.

1. brendanwilder macrumors newbie

I got the new 13 inch MBP last weekend, and everything seems to work great, except I noticed that the trackpad button is uneven. It is slightly higher on the left side than on the right. On the left it is basically flush with the surface of the computer, while on the right it dips down very slightly, maybe a millimeter. You really have to look at it closely to even notice, but after using it for a few days, it is obvious that it takes more effort to push down or click on the left side than on the right.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Are they all like this? It's not really that big of a deal, but for the amount I paid, I did expect it to be defect free.

2. loveabitofpizza macrumors newbie

loveabitofpizza

3. brendanwilder thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cyrexo macrumors newbie

5. loveabitofpizza macrumors newbie

loveabitofpizza

sorry, put a double "http://" in it by mistake, thanks cyrexo for sorting it out :)

6. brendanwilder thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting. See, I had thought that the left side was too high on mine since it feels a little hard to press down. This other post suggests that the part where it dips down is the problem area. How is the trackpad supposed to be? I realize this is a very nitpicky issue, I just don't want it to turn into a bigger problem over time and I only have two weeks to exchange it.

7. brendanwilder thread starter macrumors newbie

The issue I have is with a brand new MBP, not with the button dipping down over time. Mine was like this right out of the box.

8. brendanwilder thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have an uneven trackpad on one of the NEW MBPs?