Unevenly lit MacBook Pro retina spacebar

macfreak101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I just noticed this, the space bar on my macbook pro retina is unevenly lit. The sides of the space bar are brighter and the center of the space bar is not as bright as the sides. Is this normal? All other keys are evenly lit. It's a 2014 model.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I just noticed this, the space bar on my macbook pro retina is unevenly lit. The sides of the space bar are brighter and the center of the space bar is not as bright as the sides. Is this normal? All other keys are evenly lit. It's a 2014 model.
make sure there is nothing caught between the sides. also is the brightness turns up to the max?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
there is nothing caught and the brightness is max.
here is a picture
is it fine?
Perfectly normal.

Typed while thinking: God you people are obsessed with your machines.

I still mean the perfectly normal, that's how they're backlit since they've had back lighting.

blooperz

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2013
I'd take it into the store and demand to speak to a manager. How are you supposed to be able to find the space key with that sort of post-stevejob era backlighting. If I had a space key like that my productivity would drop by 85.68%. It's unbelievable what apple as come to... no wonder stocks are tanking.

~ sarcasm hopefully noted ...this is what happens when you're bored and decide to check the forums...

simonsi

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I'd take it into the store and demand to speak to a manager. How are you supposed to be able to find the space key with that sort of post-stevejob era backlighting. If I had a space key like that my productivity would drop by 85.68%. It's unbelievable what apple as come to... no wonder stocks are tanking.

~ sarcasm hopefully noted ...this is what happens when you're bored and decide to check the forums...
98.237% of numbers on the internet are made up you know....slow day? :)

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Crap ...I have the same problem, and mine's worse because you can notice it in daylight and it shows through my translucent key guard. Wha' do I do, wha' do I do???

*sarc* :rolleyes:

Attachments

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
O/T warning:
i went with the KB translucent keyboard cover... i love it
I've only had the key guard a month or two, and already you can see finger wear patterns when you hold it up to the light, even after washing it with soap\toothbrush. ..they're well worth the outlay to protect your keyboard IMHO. :)

simonsi

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
O/T warning: ...and already you can see finger wear patterns when you hold it up to the light...
That is because the key guard material is soft, my MBP keyboard is just fine after 3 yrs of heavy usage so I'm, not sure what problem you are fixing...?

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Spacebar looks normal but the V and G keys look dim to me in the pic.

Note: That is because it is angle of view dependent, not because you have a problem :)
V and G looks fine to me; looks the same as all the others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.