Unexpected iPad purchase! In uk

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stanleyboy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. stanleyboy macrumors regular

stanleyboy

So I was on my lunch break today and decided to have a walk up to pc world and have bit of of a nose about, then i saw the ipad! I had a try on one and immediately fell for it! I really wasn't planning on buying anything at all, but I ended up walking out with one! I was surprised that they had them in stock with the hype they've had since the release, just to let everyone know that im typing this thread on my iPad right now, and I love it!:p

If there's any body in the Portsmouth area that wants a iPad then the pcworld store has plenty!

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

3. stanleyboy thread starter macrumors regular

stanleyboy

I got the 16gb wifi only, don't need anything higher, it's perfect for my needs :)

4. Mrrikki macrumors regular

I said that had a few gig free after 4 days! Now have a 32gb :)

5. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I agree. I got the 16gb wifi only at launch and it's perfect for me. I only load the music I need and a few photos and music videos I want to watch and they are nowhere near the 16 gb.
    the only quandry I still have is whether I should have gone for the 3G version.
    I use it almost exclusively at home and there is almost no wifi problems so I decided it was not worth the extra £100 for 3G. I may regret it at some time in the future but there is always the 3 store miwi or whatever it is called if I want to use it and the touch away from home.
    when I come to sell it on for the next version I may find the 3G version gets a much better price. c,set la vie!
    enjoy

6. coelacanth macrumors 6502

stanleyboy,

Feel good about your purchase and the choice of 16GB model. Everyone's got different needs, and I'm entirely happy with 16GB (Wifi first, now 3G). In my case, pretty much everything is steamed from my home server and I don't need anymore than 16GB. I would have kept the 16GB even if I were to stick with the Wifi only model.

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

If you have the time I'd say go for the 3G model. It's piece of mind to have the 3G to fall back onto. The 3G model also has GPS which is a nice addition. Might as well head into an Apple store put yourself on the waiting list then return your iPad when you can. The mifi or miwi options are just moree hassle. 12GB valid for 12 months for £35 is a good deal i think.

8. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I'm interested why you changed to the 3G version?

thanks, I got my answer.