Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pUREcoin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
I have a brand new Macbook Pro (Out of the box 3 days ago) and even for basic programs such as iDVD my programs keep having unexpected shutdowns. Is this a common problem with new machines or what? Nothing seems to be wrong with my computer apart from closing programs.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
That's certainly not normal. Now we just need to figure out what's going on. It may something as simple as you've moved some files away from where they belong (usually from the library) and, since finder can't find them, it can start them.

First, which programs won't launch for you?

pUREcoin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
It's not that they won't launch it is that they just close at seemingly random intervals. Most recently I installed Comical and that seems to run fine until I try to load a CBR file. I have used the same file and the same program on my old PC without any problems. Yesterday while trying to make a dvd with iDVD it kept shutting down while I put together the menus. Firefox will also shut down once in a while. Even Final Cut Express has shut down on me a few times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.