Unexpected wake from Sleep?? OSX problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I am running the latest version of Leopard 10.5.5 build 9F33 and during the night when the computer is put to sleep, it will wake unexpectedly. I think I remember reading about this somewhere but I can't find it.

Is there a fix for this?? It is very annoying because the screen LIGHTS up the Room at night!!!!!:mad:

2. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I've had the same problem before with my iMac G5 running Tiger and always updated to the current software. :confused:

3. ant-macyourself macrumors member

What kind of Mac do you have? From the sounds of it, you might have an iMac or Mac Pro. I don't know what might be causing it (other than an oversensitive mouse picking up small vibrations), but you should be able to stop it from waking up with a little tweaking in Terminal. I've only ever used it on notebooks, but it should work with a desktop too.

4. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Sorry, I have an Aluminum 2.4GHZ Imac with 3GB of RAM and a 500Gig HD. I have a 1TB Lacie External HD for time Machine.

As far as an over sensitive mouse, my iMac only wakes from sleep with a keystroke, not mouse movement.

5. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125