Unexplained battery drain??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Latinking25, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Latinking25 macrumors member

My phone keeps draining battery and I'm not even using it. I checked my battery usage and all my apps are fine nothing is sucking battery. I have background refresh on for only one app which isn't even the problem and I have location services greatly reduced to just a few things. I've barely used my phone. I have like almost 7 hours of standby time and 1hr 1/2 of usage and I'm on 55%. Please help.

2. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

What model iPhone? Some 5Series batteries were defective and replaced by Apple at no cost.

3. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6s

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You usage does not sound that bad. If in doubt take it to Apple and have them check your battery.

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

How is your cell signal?

6. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Theory. What if by turning off background refresh and location services your phone uses more battery because it has to fetch and parse all the new information since the last update?

Honestly, background refresh and location services uses less than 2% of your battery life. I've found that issues regarding battery is either the battery itself or pebcak

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Make sure AirDrop hasn't been left on.

Poor reception also drastically drains batteries.

8. Sjwhite26 macrumors newbie

Try draining your battery until it dies then fully recharge , I found my battery calibration was out of whack and was experiencing exactly the same as you.

9. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

+ Poor reception is the worst. When I go to the gym theres this spot where reception is pretty bad. It'll literally drain whole 100% in 30 minutes.

I recommend turning on "Low Power Mode".