Unhappy W/ Apple Store Pasadena & purchase

Discussion in 'iPad' started by qpid360, Mar 11, 2011.

1. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I don't understand why they didn't mark our tickets with what model we wanted to purchase. All they did was keep track of inventory while going down the line. They told me at my point, I was good for a white AT&T model but by the time I got inside, ALL white models were gone.

And the black model I came home with has a cluster of dead pixels in the center of the screen. /sigh

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

If it wasn't what you wanted, why buy it? Couldn't wait another few days? And failed pixels in the middle, then definitely return it.

3. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

It's fine because I can exchange for a white when they get them in anyway. Just ranting at the way they handled it.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

So people aren't allowed to change their mind before actually buying something? That's what I guessed happened, most people didn't think that they would like the white, but when they got up there, they found they did. So, they changed their mind.

Nothing Apple can do about that.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What an ordeal that was, and I'm glad I didn't wait at the Apple Store.

I was so far behind that when they started handing out tickets (their was easily 400+ in line with an additional 50 behind me), he pointed at me and said that everyone behind me could not be guaranteed an iPad, and that even I was kind of iffy.

So I took off and drove to Best Buy 1/2 a mile down the road, I arrived 20 minutes before 5pm and was number 43 in line.

I got my White 32GB iPad. I'm sorry OP, but I'm glad I didn't stick around for a slim possibility at the Apple Store.

6. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

The point is, for people who went there already knowing what they wanted, they got screwed. Apple couldve handled it efficiently to be fair to everyone. I'm not the only one there who was upset about it.

7. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

No worries. Just gotta play the waiting game now.