Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
You must love the rose gold. That's fine with me, to each their own. I mean, rose gold looks pretty, yes, but i do not want a pink phone. Also because of the fact that it wouldn't fit me. The yellow gold from the iPhone 5s / 6 / 6s / 7 i have loved. Had both my 5s and 6s in this color and i loved them and i would get them again in this color. Now i have to stick with space gray or silver. Why is the color called Gold if it's rose gold? I don't think it doesn't make much sense to offer a rose gold color while removing the regular Gold option. Apple should keep both. With the iPhone 8 for example, it's a combination of both. Gold and Rose Gold. Yet it's to pink for my taste.

yes i do ? pinks my favorite color so i was more than happy with the original rose gold color they offered. i wasnt thrilled to find they combined both of them in some weird effort to market it to both men and women. ive seen a lot of people say they love the new shade and call it “the perfect marriage” but honestly they need to divorce them again. the shade isnt pink enough for me while the shade isnt gold enough for you guys. solution to this problem is just offer both shades again. preferably on the max iphones too!

Comment

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
also here is a comparison of the series 5 gold and the series 2 rose gold

Attachments

• EB6AFD13-4CCB-44D1-9298-97DF8B6D93BE.jpeg
    EB6AFD13-4CCB-44D1-9298-97DF8B6D93BE.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 250B2F61-E421-4D56-961D-0BACC944ABDC.jpeg
    250B2F61-E421-4D56-961D-0BACC944ABDC.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 261
Comment

tommy2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
Received the gold aluminium watch today. I’m returning it. The pink hue is too much. Not happy at all with that. Maybe I’ll get a space grey instead. Maybe...

Comment

outsidah

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Received the gold aluminium watch today. I’m returning it. The pink hue is too much. Not happy at all with that. Maybe I’ll get a space grey instead. Maybe...

I know it's more money, but the SS gold is pretty damn good looking. IMO, still some pink hues but not bad IMO. I didn't keep mine because most of bands have SS which looked off with the gold.

Comment

tommy2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
I know it's more money, but the SS gold is pretty damn good looking. IMO, still some pink hues but not bad IMO. I didn't keep mine because most of bands have SS which looked off with the gold.

You’re right. The gold SS looks better. I’ll have a look at it. I was initially interested in that. I’ll wait until end of October when my bank has a 20% cash back sale with a local electronics store.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Comment

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
When I took my ALGold back to Apple store a few days ago, I tried to buy the SS Gold. It did look better than the aluminum. But, when placed next to my rings I wear daily, it still have a bit of a pink look to it.

So, for the first time with an Apple product, I went with Space Gray and matching milanese loop band.

I have had lots of complimentary things said this week. It really does look very classy. IMHO

Comment

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Yellow gold is what I was wanting.

Oh, well. Very happy with the "black".

Well, I'm no expert on colors, but I have a conventional watch catalog in front of me and what a gold watch is differs considerably in both color and shade. It depends, of course, on the gold carat value and the alloys used.

Comment

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
I think they look pretty good together.

b0679cd04969a045a706b5948b6e14b9.plist

It does. Midnight Blue & Gold is an amazing combination. But it my opinion it would look even better if Apple kept their original yellow gold color, the one they had on the 5s/6/6s/7 and iPad Air 2 / mini 3 / mini 4. There is a reason why my Apple products are now Space Gray or Silver and no longer Gold.

Comment

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
It does. Midnight Blue & Gold is an amazing combination. But it my opinion it would look even better if Apple kept their original yellow gold color, the one they had on the 5s/6/6s/7 and iPad Air 2 / mini 3 / mini 4. There is a reason why my Apple products are now Space Gray or Silver and no longer Gold.

We are complete opposites. I didn’t like any of the golds Apple released until the 8. Personally, I prefer the newer golds over the previous ones. If Apple still had the yellow gold I would have gone with silver.

Comment

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
We are complete opposites. I didn’t like any of the golds Apple released until the 8. Personally, I prefer the newer golds over the previous ones. If Apple still had the yellow gold I would have gone with silver.

Yes, but i am male and i simply do not want a pink or rose gold phone. And the iPhone 8 Gold is pretty much rose gold, it's more pink than gold. Still a fancy color, just nothing for me personally. To each their own, but i think it's a color for women and it wouldn't fit me. Same with the Rose Gold from the 6s. Or the Coral on the Xr, it looked so good on pictures and in the Store i realized it's also more pink than orange.

The brownish gold from the Xs on the other hand is pretty much ok and my second favorite, after silver. My current 8 Plus is Space Gray. Good thing is that Apple has now darkened that color, the Space Gray on the 6 / 6s was just a slightly darker shaded silver, with the addition of a black front.

Reactions: jpn and iApple_man
Comment

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
Yes, but i am male and i simply do not want a pink or rose gold phone. And the iPhone 8 Gold is pretty much rose gold, it's more pink than gold. Still a fancy color, just nothing for me personally. To each their own, but i think it's a color for women and it wouldn't fit me. Same with the Rose Gold from the 6s. Or the Coral on the Xr, it looked so good on pictures and in the Store i realized it's also more pink than orange.

The brownish gold from the Xs on the other hand is pretty much ok and my second favorite, after silver. My current 8 Plus is Space Gray. Good thing is that Apple has now darkened that color, the Space Gray on the 6 / 6s was just a slightly darker shaded silver, with the addition of a black front.

Exactly why I lusted after the Series 2 Gold. That is/was the best Gold one, especially paired with the cocoa and midnight blue bands. I was so happy to find a good used one last month.

I went backwards tho. I’ve had the series 3 and 4 watch, silver. I wanted the series 2 gold so much, I looked for the gold bumper watch cases and spigen had one, but the form of it took away from the style.

Modal brand, (Best Buy), had one but it ended up being the rose gold bumper 👎

So now, seeing that BB has a sale going on the 5, I did my research for “Series 5 Gold color” review and came across this thread.

YouTube didn’t really help because most of them look like the champagne gold, but NO one mentioned the color difference, they just accepted it. 🤯

I was waiting to hear "its champagne Gold" blah blah, it looks like it but I needed more insight and this forum/thread helped and yes it’s bumped (for the 😫why you bump this old thread people😂)

Anyways, I will just sit this one out and keep enjoying the series 2 Gold until it fades and may get the silver. It goes with more bands than the black/space grey. I don’t care for the SS. I have the Gold Max Pro might I add and yes, that is the Spigen case I almost got just to have the champagne gold look! At least it’s back with the 11 pro series iPhones.
[automerge]1586467561[/automerge]

Attachments

• 928E1158-6E93-4D97-B722-B12DA9C19EA3.jpeg
    928E1158-6E93-4D97-B722-B12DA9C19EA3.jpeg
    685.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 946A84D9-0289-4550-9773-A4A609BF01CA.jpeg
    946A84D9-0289-4550-9773-A4A609BF01CA.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: jpn
Comment

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
Exactly why I lusted after the Series 2 Gold. That is/was the best Gold one, especially paired with the cocoa and midnight blue bands. I was so happy to find a good used one last month.

I went backwards tho. I’ve had the series 3 and 4 watch, silver. I wanted the series 2 gold so much, I looked for the gold bumper watch cases and spigen had one, but the form of it took away from the style.

Modal brand, (Best Buy), had one but it ended up being the rose gold bumper 👎

So now, seeing that BB has a sale going on the 5, I did my research for “Series 5 Gold color” review and came across this thread.

YouTube didn’t really help because most of them look like the champagne gold, but NO one mentioned the color difference, they just accepted it. 🤯

I was waiting to hear "its champagne Gold" blah blah, it looks like it but I needed more insight and this forum/thread helped and yes it’s bumped (for the 😫why you bump this old thread people😂)

Anyways, I will just sit this one out and keep enjoying the series 2 Gold until it fades and may get the silver. It goes with more bands than the black/space grey. I don’t care for the SS. I have the Gold Max Pro might I add and yes, that is the Spigen case I almost got just to have the champagne gold look! At least it’s back with the 11 pro series iPhones.
[automerge]1586467561[/automerge]

Yes i loved Apple's original gold color. I hope they bring it back, but i'll doubt it. Both my 5s and 6s were gold. And my iPad mini 3 was also in gold. With the Midnight Blue Leather Cover. Such a classic combination. The current iPhone 11 Pro gold is also different than the Xs gold, more like the original color, and very nice looking. I would definitely consider it. It's weird that i have a different favorite for every iPhone. 2G iPhone only had one color, for the 3G(S) and 4(s) i prefer the black, for the 5 it was silver, for the 5s / SE / 6 / 6s it was gold, for the 7 Jet Black, for the 8 it's space gray, for the X / Xs it's silver. 11 Pro i would have a hard time picking between Space Gray, Silver and Gold. The Green isn't for me. I really really hope they do a Midnight Blue for the 12, i would love that color. A dark matte blue, just like the Midnight Green, just in Blue instead of Green.

Last edited:
Reactions: iApple_man
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.