Uni MacBook - Logo putting pressure on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Harmush, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Hey ppl.

I would of searched for this question first but i am pretty unsure in what to google or mroogle for lol.

basically this very annoying spot the shape of the stalk of the apple logo has appeared on my macbook. I had a look and the start in the aluminium on my macbook has actually started to work its way in. I KNOW this is no fault of my own as the laptop has not been out the house since i got it. its always on the desk or sometimes, in its case.

its not that bad tbh, but extremely annoying. You can only see it on a white screen or something light. For example macrumors.com

so you do notice it alot. Its like a glowing section of the screen, brighter than the rest. no pixels are dead.

what should i do. Its 1 week out of warranty with PCWorld, so they won't repair it.

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

It's light coming thru. They all do this. Frankie says relax.

3. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

its not its a pressure mark from one bit of the logo which is more indented that the rest. its defo a pressure mark.

4. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Try putting a flashlight against it on the back or pointing the back towards a window, then compare it to having darkness on the back.

5. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Put my finger on the pressure mark and had a light behind it. It lined up perfectly. I really do think the top leaf on the logo which is not level is causing this. The screen doesn't look damaged. Just pushed on.

6. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Took it into my local genius today. It sure was something under the screen putting pressure on. Probably the logo which had one slighty out of alignment. Anyway they replacing the screen free of charge for me because there is no evidence of damage from me. Only 10 days out of warrenty. Yet again more brilliant customer relations with apple.