uni mb 2.4 or mbp early 2008 cant decide

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by armenakadino, Jan 28, 2009.

1. armenakadino macrumors member

I cant decided which computer to get I really wanted to get a unibody macbook pro but cant afford one right now,

My choises are since I have 1500 to spend

Unibody Macbook 2.4

early 2008 macbook pro brand new off of the refurb apple store or macmall

I am going to use the computer to do powerpoint, bootcamp for some cs, web, and edit photos with photoshop the home version

2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

For what you're looking to do, either one will be fine. It'll probably come down to whether or not you like the smaller size of the MacBook. I chose the MacBook over the MacBook Pro for it's portability, and haven't looked back since.

3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I had an aluminum MBP v2,2 with a 2.33 GHz CPU and ATI 256 MB Graphics, with 4 GB Memory. I made the switch to a new unibody MB 2.4 GHz. I upgraded the HDD to a 320 GB, 7200 RPM. I upgraded the Memory to 4 GB.

I completely love my new unibody MB. It seems faster than my MBP did. The construction of the new unibody MB and MBP is far superior to the old construction of the MBP. The old aluminum MBP is like scraps of aluminum pounded into form and NOT very solid. The unibody is very solid. These new unibody line of notebooks are the sturdiest, most solidly built computers I have ever seen.

I would go with the new technology of the unibody MB before ever going back to the old MBP. Unless you are a heavy gamer, the MB is definitely the way to go. The MB is very portable. It is one great Mac.

One other thing to consider, the MBA revB. For $1799, you get one amazing computer. It's so light and small and does everything nearly as fast as the new MB does. It has an amazing display (better than the MB or old MBP), and gets superb battery life too. I think the MBA revB, 2.0 is the most amazing Mac ever.

Good luck whichever way you go.

4. armenakadino thread starter macrumors member

My main reason to get the mb vs old pro is the ease of hard drive swap but which would you pick of the unibody macbook the 2.0 or the 2.4 the hd and ram doesnt matter im going to upgrade later