UNI-MBP Endless (sleep) reboot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fearless Leader, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I am having a bit of an issue with my new unibody mbp, 15 inch stock. My computer will be fine for a while, then randomly will simply go to sleep. Then when I try to wake it i get an image on my screen for about 8 seconds, then it goes back to sleep. Now im back to trying to wake it. A reboot doesn't fix this, i get to the log in screen and it goes to sleep. Same deal. Boot off the osx install disk, Same deal. The only temporary fix i have is rebooting multiple times, resting smc, prram, and then rebooting more until it finally decides to boot right. Then it will be fine for anywhere between a few hours or days.

I don't want to mess with apple care until i have to so anyhelp here is greatly appreciated. Oh and temp fix stopped working, im on an older mbp now until i can get this working.

2. ValkyrieLenneth macrumors regular

ValkyrieLenneth

3. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

well thats the thing, it does it while in the whole booting off the cd ordeal. cant even install it if i wanted.

4. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

well talking to a few people and its new symptom of not booting anymore, we think the logic board failed (we being a local technician friend). I did manage to back some up before this last epic fail and will be talking to apple in the morning. owell.