Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jdh2425

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Hey,

I'm about to buy my first mac so I'm pretty excited.

I just wanted to ask about the screen res.

When I'm doing Uni work I like to have two documents up on the page side by side so I figured the Hi-Res 1600x1080 option is the way to go.

My only concern is with day to day tasks such high res might make things too small on the screen.

In MacOS is there a way to increase the font DPI (think that's what it's called in windows) so things don't look too small on a high res screen?

Cheers

Jess

vasuba

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey,

I'm about to buy my first mac so I'm pretty excited.

I just wanted to ask about the screen res.

When I'm doing Uni work I like to have two documents up on the page side by side so I figured the Hi-Res 1600x1080 option is the way to go.

My only concern is with day to day tasks such high res might make things too small on the screen.

In MacOS is there a way to increase the font DPI (think that's what it's called in windows) so things don't look too small on a high res screen?

Cheers

Jess

If you like to Side by Side documents I would reccomend the larger resolution option without a doubt. Most programs have a zoom option somewhere if a single page becomes a problem.

choco

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
well i'm a college senior and just bought a low-end 15" at the store. i'm used to using two monitors for my design work but after playing with one, i realized that i don't need the larger resolution. (i judged this by looking at a 17") i blog hopped and the images just looked so small. text was still readable though.

iSax1234

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Virginia
Also the nicer res will be great with movies and such :D

EDIT: And you can also change it BTW not that one wants to spend money on something they'll never use

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.