All iPads Uni Student: Retina iPad vs iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by -BigMac-, Aug 23, 2013.

?

Which would you rather have at uni/college?

1. iPad Retina

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. iPad Mini

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hi Guys.

I need something small and light to carry around, and take notes in at my lectures. Im studying economics and marketing, and mostly the note taking is pretty light.

I have had the iPad 3, and found that to be pretty okay for writing.

I would like to know your opinions on which iPad you would choose for uni, if you had to pick between the iPad 4 or the iPad Mini.

If you would wait for the new iPads to come out, then which of the two would you buy, the mini or the 9.7inch?

Thank you :)

2. TjeuV macrumors 6502

I think you've just answered your own question? You need something small and light to carry around. Go with the mini. If you can wait, hold off until they make some announcements, there might be a mini coming up with retina display. Best of both worlds.

3. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

I consider the iPad 9.7" small and portable too. I'm 6 foot 3/190cm tall and fairly built, so the iPad 9.7 isn't that large for me.

I'm more after, what YOU, the community would prefer if you were going to uni :)

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

IPad 4 for sure for retina and bigger screen, don't they carry laptops at Uni surely a iPad 4 would be easier.

5. ukchris macrumors newbie

I think you need to go to a store and play with each. I have had the iPad 1, 2 and 3 then switched to the Mini - as it suits me. I'm not going to claim it is better but I prefer the size and weight for carrying around and reading but I don't do a lot of note taking, the majority of my typing is short emails.

For note taking and if you see this as a primary device I'd probably lean towards the full sized iPad, as convenient as my Mini is the keyboard is really a little on the small side and keyboard cases have the same issue - the form factor is just a little too small for a keyboard.

I'd wait until the announcements on 9/10 and see what appears, a slightly slimmed down but still full sized iPad would probably work best for you.

6. RAPTORSKI macrumors regular

RAPTORSKI

For light note taking I would prefer the iPad mini. It is quite small and seems to get the job done rather well.

7. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

you don't need an ipad for college

it's going to end up being a toy and you will more than likely just use your laptop

i bought an ipad thinking i'd use it a lot for medical school but i ended up using it seriously only for a few months