unibod harddrive(?) noise issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by archimonde, Dec 6, 2008.

1. archimonde macrumors newbie

Hello everybody.

I've been enjoying my almost defect-less unibody (my left side is a bit higher than my right side) for a bit over a month now until today when I noticed today that my harddrive is making a loud spinning noise. The noise is very small and can only be heard in a silent room, but for a month it hasn't done this until yesterday when I left my mbp on the entire night to do some cpu intensive renderings. The weird thing is, if i press on the left bottom side, which as I said is higher than my right side ( you can almost fit a quarter underneath), the noise goes away.

I really don't know what to do. I mean i guess it is not really bothering as it is fairly quiet but is discerning as this didn't happen before. Any suggestions?

thank you

2. chrisi29 macrumors member

hmm I have a similar issue coming from my harddrive... but I have to put my hand on the bottom right side to make it go away xD but I've got more of a fan-like noise that doesn't really bother me... but like you it wasn't there the first few weeks...:confused:

3. archimonde thread starter macrumors newbie

oops, i got my directions wrong. ya, it is my bottom right side that is making the noise and when i press on it the noise goes away. it is also the bottom right side of mine that is a bit higher than my left side. it does sound more like a fan noise, but it is a different kind of whirl.