unibody 15 color problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by princigalli, Feb 4, 2009.

1. princigalli macrumors 6502

this is a new problem that is a real disaster for a photographer like me. The unibody 15 under mac os x does not support two different color spaces on two displays. I struggled with false colors on my external monitor over one month and then discovered this problem by reading different posts.

This is really a horrible problem and really makes me and other photographers want to switch to windows. Before shipping the unibody units, didn't anyone at Apple check the colors as they appear on an external monitor?

It's incredible, but I think that if I was employed at quality control at Apple a lot of problems for photographers and video editors would have been corrected already. I would never allow some crazy problems like this to go out in the open.

This makes me think that I wasted over $2000 for my Unipro. Apple never mentioned that the system would show false colors when used in dual display mode.

2. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Odd, seeing as I have a different calibration for my Unibody's internal display and external ACD. How exactly are you trying to do this?

3. princigalli thread starter macrumors 6502

I used a spyder calibrator. But no matter what I do I am having the strangest color problems and it's starting to drive me crazy. My external monitor is an excellent Eizo well known for color accuracy but not with me.

When I make photoshop proof colors sometimes crazy colors come out, no matter how I change color profiles. I never had this before. I thought it was an issue with my monitor until I read from a couple of people having similar problems with their unibody mac.