Unibody 15" MacBook Pro dying, apple phone support won't help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pyroo, Mar 14, 2009.

1. pyroo macrumors member

Hi, my macbook pro recently started to behave weirdly, the sound would get distorted more frequently, scrolling through webpages is "choppy", its not smooth, it scrolls in "chunks??"....

I've had the macbook pro for about 3 months now (bought it online), phone support was over so the guy on the phone won't even tell me what to do unless i paid $49!....So what I am wondering is if i bring the laptop to the apple store and they do see that it is a problem and if they can't fix it, will they replace it with another laptop from their store, or will they have to order one from online and have me wait for it since i bought this laptop online? if they do replace my laptop, will they transfer all my files over to the new one? thanks!

(Stupid apple tech....wanting me to pay $49 to get answers to these simple questions!!!)

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

3 month phone support, 1 year warranty. Take it in, get it fixed.

They will replace your laptop if they can, and assuming it is not a BTO, they most likely will be able to get you one in store.

3. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

The previous poster is correct. You lose phone support after 3 months, but you can still request repairs over the phone. They just wont trouble shoot with you.

4. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Are you sure they will replace it in the store? I'm pretty sure they won't. The only time you can get a replacement at an Apple store is if you bought it at an Apple store (possibly at Apple.com as well but not sure about that), and if you are within the 14 day return period. Otherwise you can take it to the store and they'll repair it, not replace it.

They will also tell you to backup your information because they may not transfer anything over.