Unibody 15" trackpad click not responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JDMFSeanP, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JDMFSeanP macrumors regular

So for the past two days my macbook pros trackpad click had been extremely unresponsive. It still slicks but I have to really mash it, I can't just click it like I use to.

I've seen a lot of reported issues like this but they seem intermittent, mine is always doing this so I'm not sure.

I have an appointment with apple tomorrow that I'm driving an hour and a half to, has anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

I read somewhere they replace the whole top of the macbook sometimes?

EDIT: Purchased in July, still under 1 year warranty

2. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

3. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

So I got it repaired under warranty, but....

I was told it would end up replacing the whole top piece on the macbook, but it looks like they just shoved the trackpad in there, it isn't evenly put in and juts over the top of the palmrest.

What can I do?

4. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

Take it back to the Apple store and politely but firmly show them what happened and tell them it's not acceptable as it interferes with your use of the machine. The people in the Apple store have been really good to me with respect to customer service so hopefully they can resolve it for you with no hassle.

5. JDMFSeanP thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, this is my first even semi-problem I've ever had with them, they have had such good customer service I hope that they will still keep that record in my eyes.

Thanks for the input

6. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

7. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

Be firm, but polite. Ask to speak to the manager. If that doesn't work, call apple care.

They will take care of u.